berkshire hathaway investment careers Vacancies
berkshire hathaway investment careers
WHO WE ARE
As a member of the Berkshire Hathaway group of insurance companies, we offer outstanding opportunities for professionals interested in working with a successful company. We offer unparalleled financial strength, stability and “large company” benefits, in addition to an exciting, friendly, “small company” atmosphere.
- Manage and conduct litigation in the evolving area of convicted-suspended providers as permitted under CA Labor Code Section 139.21.
- Provide legal research, writing and analysis in various aspects of workers compensation lien matters and civil litigation, including, but not limited to, researching case law, statutes, regulations, trends, drafting briefs, correspondence, memoranda and pleadings.
- Prepare for, appear and represent the Company at applicable Workers Compensation Appeal Boards, Superior Court, and other applicable administrative and civil proceedings. Prepare appropriate follow up reporting and pleadings for SIU Director’s review.
- Attend meetings, interviews, hearings and other proceedings as needed in support of ongoing administrative matters, civil litigation, and initiatives of the Special Investigations Unit.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Of berkshire hathaway investment careers
- EDUCATION: J.D. law degree from an accredited law school and member of the California State Bar in good standing
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum of five (5) years combined experience in workers compensation and civil litigation.
- LANGUAGE ABILITY: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; Ability to negotiate, write and interpret business correspondence, reports and procedure manuals; Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- MATH ABILITY: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume; Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. TECHNICAL SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have knowledge of office operations, workflow analysis, and current technologies in telecommunications, data entry and file management.
- COMPUTER SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft word processing software; Microsoft spreadsheet software; and, be proficient on applicable databases, systems and vendor software programs.
- CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES: Valid driver’s license and member of the California State Bar in good standing.
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE:
- Health and wellness – low premiums for medical, dental and vision coverage, FSA and EAP benefits
- Company paid Life, Disability and ADD benefits
- Employee Retirement Savings Plan with employer match up to 5 percent of compensation
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Education Assistance Reimbursement
- Recognition and Rewards Programs
- Company Store
- Discounts across Berkshire Hathaway Inc. companies such as GEICO, See’s Candies, etc.
About berkshire hathaway investment careers
The Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies (BHHC) is a group of six insurance companies that are part of the Berkshire Hathaway Insurance Group. Our Workers Compensation Division provides premier workers compensation insurance coverage to employers across the country, with offices in San Francisco, San Diego, Sacramento, Pasadena, Omaha, Philadelphia, St. Louis, Atlanta, and Dallas.
Latest Jobs : fmc careers
As a member of the Berkshire Hathaway Insurance Group, BHHC has earned an enviable record of success in the insurance industry that is supported by an A++ A.M. Best rating for the last 10 consecutive years. Our corporate size enables our organization to react swiftly and effectively to opportunities in the insurance marketplace. At the same time, our financial strength provides our agents and insureds security and makes us one of the best brands in the marketplace.
We value each individual and recognize that attracting and retaining high quality talent is essential to the success of our company. Our structure minimizes bureaucracy and creates an environment that encourages our employees to see the direct effects of their hard work throughout the company. Each division provides hands on training and maintains a small company feel, creating an atmosphere in which ‘team players’ thrive.
Within the last six years BHHC Workers Compensation has seen significant growth, and we’re continuing to grow as we build one of the largest Workers Compensation companies in the country – join us!